We went "rustic" camping up north this past weekend. I have lived in many places in my life. St. Louis, Iowa, Chicago, Colorado, Germany, but out of all those places I have to say that Michigan Is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Sure we have crazy weather, but we have such a beautiful state. I miss Chicago for it's downtown, Colorado for it's mountains, Germany for it's history and beautiful castles, but Michigan is gold, it really is. I could not think of a better place to raise kids. So many friendly people live in Michigan, I can go on with so many stories of helpful neighbors, kind people, helpful strangers!!! Yes the economy is struggling, and unfortunately Detroit has a long way to go, but I can not tell you of a state that can go from the wonders of urban life to the beauty of nature with in minutes of each other. When we camp or visit other parts of Michigan, I feel like I am in another world sometimes...it's pure beauty always takes my breath away!!!