I am in love with blur, with colors and light that dance and sing, where there are no defined lines to interpret what they are dancing to. Light and color blend together creating an enchanting, ethereal effect, my images need that to come alive....so being approached by The Conserva (201 E Mile Ferndale, Mi. @theconserva ) to have an actual Art Opening with my images was my golden opportunity to have some of that magic in print for all to see. I didn't hesitate to say yes! I decided I wanted new images for the opening, the whole summer I worked on texture légère rêveuse (dreamy, light, texture)

My tools are extremely important to me! The combination of what I use creates the dreamy world my mind lives in, it is a happy collaboration of one lens and presets. I already knew that I wanted to create collections with common elements connecting the pieces together. I also wanted to create a series of each collection. I love visual storytelling and wanted each series to have its own elements but also come together as one. What better way to merge that connection using my Lensbaby Composer Pro  (with double glass optic) I call it my "Mad-Eye Moody Lens" It's really the "Wild Child " of my lenses and does not play by the rules...thus making it my go-to lens for almost everything I do. The thing I love most about my Composer Pro, it's double glass optic is inside of it already. I just find the sweet spot ( usually the face) and click. It creates this stretched distorted bokeh that I just adore, I need light and color to dance with no boundaries, this lens creates that perfectly! Once the images go to edit my love for all things vintage and my mad obsession with texture play a huge part in the editing processes, that's where Exposure X2 from Alienskin comes in to play. @alienskinsoftware. I love Analog film, the presets from Exposure X2 look amazing. I can truly create that old film look I adore so much! The combination of using Lensbaby and Alien Skin Exposure X2 is so vital to my style...the collaboration of the two I feel creates my "signature look" 




My first series started in New York where I photographed model Allie Cezek  @alliecizek  
This series is called "In a New York Minute"   We only had an hour to shoot and that hour flew by! Using my Composer Pro @seeinanewway @lensbaby  in New York I actually tried to keep it straight as possible, I felt it was important for people to see it was New York and not just some unknown city.  We started on a roof-top of a building and then traveled down to the Financial District. The roof-top ended up being my favorite images...and you can't quite tell it's New York much, but I'm ok with that now, I still love the images and the main focus was Allie. We had a blast on the rooftop, it was so windy, things were flying everywhere and Allie could not keep her hair out of her face, we were laughing so hard. I pick up my camera and she would instantly stop laughing and start posing...one of the many reasons I love working with her. ( lenses used: composer pro with double glass optic and Nikon 50 mm )