New beginnings are bittersweet! On one hand, the start of something new is exciting, almost always a good thing that leads to growth and prosperity. On the other hand, it's new, unknown and slightly scary. Though you know it's for the best, it may not always feel that way. This past August was like that for me. Early August my daughter turned 27. ( just reminds me that I am almost 50) She may have a new job offer that is closer to home. She's worried about the move, a new environment and once again not knowing anyone, but she knows it's a great opportunity. The Middle of August we moved my youngest son into his dorm room. He will be a freshman this year attending Michigan Tech majoring in Biomedical Engineering. As we were driving up to the school, seeing it from a distance, he smiled, anxious and excited at the same time...this was it! We had a great opportunity to have a few fun days with him before we dropped him off. Hiking, biking, rafting, zip-lining and just hanging out being silly. It was really hard to say goodbye, I'm so excited for him and at the same time, I will miss him so much! The end of August my middle son turned 26 ( Again! reminding me how old I am) He's in the process of attending truck driving school and maybe moving from Seattle to Texas. Excited about a move and at the same time unsure about a move. So much change in such a few weeks time.

It took me a little over a week to write about this, to wrap my head around the next level of things for all of us. My role has officially changed. I'm now just a safety-net if needed, and all my kids are not kids anymore, I now have 3 adults. I think about the song "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac, I can never listen to it without crying.

"I've been 'fraid of changin'
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm gettin' older, too"


My house is clean but quiet! There was a time in my life I yearned for that, ( Don't get me wrong...I love a clean house) I have projects, work and collaborations I'm excited for, that I feel I can jump in with both feet guilt-free, but I also feel wounded and slightly lost. I have so much to keep me busy, but my heart I know needs time. I'm excited, happy and sad all at once, It's a roller coaster ride of sorts. 

My latest project is card making ( gives me a nice outlet for something totally different and opportunity to use my slightly sarcastic humor) One of the very first cards I made was the one above.  Most of my cards are funny, this I made before we took my son up to school. In it everyone is leaving, the butterflies, the fish, the birds, the boy. The lady is left, everything she loves is moving on, everything from this point will never be the same....but I am grateful and blessed it's all good.